The tour began with a discussion on the plant's operations, including
- how the plant uses different units to meet the cities energy needs
- the difference between seasonal peak hours
- how the plant uses different units to efficiently cover these needs
- how the plant is using the feed in tariff to supplement additional energy needs of a growing population
- a detailed explanation of how coal is used to run steam turbines to make energy, then how the byproducts are cleaned up to emit minimal emissions.
- there were also talks of the plans for the biomass plant to be constructed and what part GRU will play in it's future
Afterwards we watched a video about the plant, and then toured the plant